Now that you’re bubbling with excitement about Level Up you’re probably brainstorming on what to wear.
Our number one priority at Level Up is that everyone who attends is safe and has fun and this includes guests and venue staff. We ask that everyone who is planning on attending read the following rules and policies to make sure everyone has a good time.
- No firearms of any kind – this includes BB guns, cap guns, paintball and pellet guns and airsoft guns, even if it has been disabled or is not loaded
- No replica firearms of any kind – this includes reproductions of guns, even if it has been disabled
- No bladed metal or wooden weapons such as axes, daggers, hatchets, knives and swords, pocket blades, ninja stars
- No projectile weapons of any kind, including replicas – if it can shoot something (even Nerf and water), it is not permitted
- No Explosives and chemical weapons – this includes firecrackers and pepper spray
- No blunt weapons – wooden or metal bats, clubs, brass knuckles, mallets, martial arts weapons, whips, golf clubs, paddles
- No drones and dirigibles
- No large weapons, props or accessories (e.g large wings)
- Toy weapons and guns are allowed as long as they cannot fire or be confused for a real weapon.
Clothing and Nudity (Regardless of gender identity)
- Skimpy and revealing clothing is OK but nudity is prohibited.
- Bondage and fetish clothing is OK if worn as part of your costume. This is not a play/fetish/sex party.
- No clothing that gives the illusion of nudity.
- Footwear must be worn at all times in the venue
- Rollerblades / roller-skates / Wheelies are prohibited.
- Be mindful of body paint, liquid latex, glitter, fake blood etc around others.
- Uniforms that can be mistaken for current military or law enforcement are prohibited.
- No Emblems of genocide or symbols relating to hate crimes.
Old Market Assembly (OMA) Venue
- Level Up and OMA have a zero tolerance policy against hate speech, discrimination, bullying, and violence of any kind.
- Any physical, sexual, or emotional harassment will be treated very seriously. Speak to any Level Up committee member or OMA staff if you feel unsafe for any reason.
- Ask permission from attendees, guests or staff before taking their photo or touching cosplays.
- Only drinks purchased at the OMA bars are allowed in the venue. Water can be found at the bar free of charge.
- Drugs (including legal highs) are strictly prohibited anywhere in the venue.
If any attendees are in violation of these rules the Level Up committee members and OMA staff reserve the right to remove them from the event and the venue without refund. In serious cases, authorities will be contacted. The organisers and OMA decision is final.
Level Up committee and OMA staff will not be held liable for loss or damage of your costume or property. A cloak room will be provided for the cost of £1